Cheesy Bacon Eggs on the Go

Bacon? Check.

Eggs? Check.

Cheese? Check.

There’s little else you can want in a breakfast for strength athletes. Borrow some cupcake tins from your wife, neighbor, or mom and you can make breakfast to go for the whole week. Any girly feeling you have while making these will disappear as soon as you taste the awesomeness of the bacon and know you aren’t getting empty calories from another McCrap breakfast sandwich.

The below recipe is pretty plain…just bacon, eggs, cheese and some salt and pepper. Add chopped ham, cooked sausage, diced bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheddar, feta, mozzarella or whatever else you like in your omelettes for one heck of a breakfast. I like to make a batch of these on Sunday nights and heat them up in the morning so I can sleep in. I’ve also been known to eat them cold, because I’m just that hungry.

Cheesy Bacon Egg Cups

Serves 12
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Total time 40 minutes
Meal type Breakfast
Misc Pre-preparable
These easy breakfast eggs are great for on the go, whether plain or eaten in between a bagel, english muffin, or toast.

Ingredients

• 8 eggs
  • 12 thick slices bacon
  • 3/4 cups cheese (shredded)
  • kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
  • cooking spray

Directions

Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2
Spray pan with cooking spray, ensuring everything is coated. (Yes, it would be better to butter these instead, from a chemical standpoint, but until I can find an extra 15 minutes in my day, this shortcut will suffice.)
Step 3
Whisk eggs, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4
Line each muffin cup with a slice of bacon.
Step 5
Pour eggs in the cup, filling about 3/4 of the way up.
Step 6
Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Note

These were inspired by this great blog.

1. Matt left a comment on August 30, 2012 at 10:42 pm

How do you typically re-heat these? Microwaving sounds like it would make it all rubbery.

• The Strength Agenda left a comment on August 31, 2012 at 1:33 am

It’s funny you ask that. In our apartment we don’t have a microwave so what I do is grab a frying pan and put it on low heat, throw whatever I want heated up in there, and cover it. I put a small amount of water in the pan and the steam in the pan heats the egg cups up without making them rubbery. Hope this helps.

2. Zach left a comment on September 1, 2012 at 4:34 pm

We actually made something just like this a while back, we used egg whites, feta cheese & turkey sausage, they turned out AWESOME. Perfect size take alongs for my Six Pack meal organizer!! Love gettin to check out these recipes, keep up the good work!

3. Floyd left a comment on September 2, 2012 at 2:16 pm

this sounds tasty. I am going to make some this morning for breakfast.

4. Laurie left a comment on September 7, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Going to have to make these. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get some eggs in my breakfast without having to cook every night.

5. Andrew left a comment on September 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Making these right now actually. Went from memory and filled the cups up full (overflowing actually). Didnt account for them rising. Should be done in 20 more minutes (been cooking 10 minutes). Only doing 2 of the cups just to try this out. Cant wait!

Love the blog so far! Also got the stuff for the shrimp but will be adding scallops as well!

• The Strength Agenda left a comment on September 10, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Mmm…sounds tasty. Donny Shankle has a recipe for bacon-wrapped scallops somewhere on his blog…you should check it out!

6. Floyd left a comment on September 21, 2012 at 3:24 am

I have made these the last few weekends. They are a tasty treat for a super in the morning. Thanks for the great recipes.

• The Strength Agenda left a comment on September 21, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Great to hear! I love how you can keep them simple, or add whatever you like to change them up!